Sautéed spinach is seriously one of the quickest side dishes you can make. In 5 minutes flat, you will have garlicky spinach with just the right amount of heat. I make this dish all the time and can’t believe I have never shared it with you on this blog! Until now, that is.
All you have to do is mince up some garlic and throw it into some hot EVOO. I then season the oil with crushed red pepper flake and s&p. (I think seasoning the oil gives the dish more flavor than if you season the spinach after its wilted.) Add a bag of spinach, toss, and cook for just a couple of minutes. And, presto - you have the perfect side dish!
The only downfall to making this dish is that it only makes 2 servings. A bag of baby spinach wilts down so much! If you are making this for my than 2, you’re definitely going to need more spinach. (I would increase all of the ingredients too.)
Start with the teeny, tiny prep work…
- Mince up 5 cloves of garlic.
- Heat some EVOO in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic.
- Sauté the garlic until golden, about 30 seconds. (Don’t let it burn!)
- Sprinkle in ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flake.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt to the oil.
- Finish with ½ teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Shake the pan to combine everything.
- Add 1 bag of baby spinach.
- Toss to spread some oil over all of the spinach.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach has wilted, about 3 minutes.
I served the spinach with my Slow Cooker Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes. Enjoy!
Three Years Ago: Asian Cucumber Salad